Complete 2013 brewery information coming soon!
A beer you send in kegs, cans, or bottles to be served at your booth for public tasting. All festival beers will be automatically judged. However, judging samples (including Pro-Am entries) must be sent separately from festival beer. We will not pull judging samples from your festival beer.
|Number of Beers||Pricing|
|1 or 2 beers on the festival floor||$315 for BA Members ($480 non-members)|
|Up to 5 beers on the festival floor||$675 for BA Members ($890 non-members)|
Judge Only Beer
A beer you enter into the judged competition that will not be served at your booth for public tasting at the festival.
|Number of Beers||Pricing|
|Price per beer||$175 for BA Members ($390 non-members)|
Please note that the pricing reflects on-line registration prices.
Eligibility Requirements For 2012 Breweries
- A brewery must be operational as of June 27, 2012 in order to participate in the GABF.
- All beer brands (as defined in the GABF Style Guidelines) entered in the Great American Beer Festival must be brewed and fermented in the U.S. or at breweries located in the unincorporated, organized U.S. Territories of Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands, must meet the definition of beer as defined by the TTB, and must possess the characteristics generally attributed to and conforming to the trade understanding of “beer”.
- All beer brands entered in the Great American Beer Festival must be commercially available exactly as entered by brand name. “Commercially available” means the entered brand has been available for sale at retail under the exact brand name as entered on the GABF entry registration form on or before the date that registration opens (June 27). Breweries and beer brands registered for the GABF which do not fit these criteria are subject to disqualification without further notice or refund of registration fees.
- Each beer brand may be entered only one time. A beer brand may not be entered in multiple categories. A beer brand may not be renamed and entered in multiple categories. Beer brands may not be entered by more than ONE brewery in a chain of stores, brewing company, or by breweries with related names or aligned marketing strategies. Beer brands must be entered according to current year Great American Beer Festival style descriptions as written.
- All beers entered must have been brewed in a facility which has a Brewers Notice on file with the TTB (U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau). Breweries located in U.S. Territories in which a TTB Brewers Notice is not required to produce beer commercially must conform to all local licensing and other regulations that pertain to the commercial production of beer, must establish that they are in compliance with all such licensing and other regulations and requirements pertaining to commercial production of beer, and must comply with any US Federal regulations required to produce beer commercially and/or to import beer into the United States for purposes of the Great American Beer Festival, including registering with the FDA.All regulatory and financial burdens associated with submitting samples to the Great American Beer Festival are the sole responsibility of the entering brewery.
Steps for Entering GABF 2012
- Read the festival information on this site and in the Brewers Guide to Entering the Great American Beer Festival
- Complete the Online Registration Form. (You can use this GABF Registration Cheat Sheet to help you)
On the registration form, did you:
- Include payment?
- Read and electronically sign license agreement?
- Fill out specialty information for beers entered into these categories: 3, 4, 5A, 5B, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10A, 11, 12, 13A, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18A, 18B, 19A, 19B, 20, 21A, 21B, 22, 23, 24A, 24B, 25, 26A, 26B, 27A, 27B, 27C, 65A, 65B, 70D, 71C, 71E, 72D, 73C
- Your confirmation is emailed to you by July 31.
- Sign and fax back the confirmation or email to email@example.com.
- Review all of the information carefully. This is your last chance to make changes.
- This is due back to the Brewers Association by August 14, 2012.
- On the confirmation form, did you:
- Sign and fax/email back all pages of confirmation?
- Email beer descriptions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order extra rep badges if needed. (Maximum is 6 and availability is limited – must be ordered by August 14).
- Return your confirmation form to the Brewers Association by August 14, 2012. Sign and fax back the confirmation or email to email@example.com.
- Microstar kegs arrive your brewery. Wash these and fill them with your festival beers. Put your keg collars on the beers and label them well.
- Ship your judging beers (No COD deliveries). These must arrive between September 5 – 11. Ship to: Anheuser-Busch Denver Sales Attn: GABF Judging 1455 E. 62nd Ave. Denver, CO 80216 Attn: Warehouse Dock
- Deliver Your Festival Floor Beers to Your Drop-Off Point. All beers on the festival floor must come through a drop-off point. Your beers must arrive to the drop-off point in mid-September. Actual date will be sent with your confirmation. Send your no charge invoice as well.
- Attend the Great American Beer Festival. Festival dates are Thursday, October 11 – Saturday, October 13.