Get to Know the Online Registration Forms
View/download a PDF version of the Brewers Guide to Registering here (All information in the PDF is also available on this site).
*READ Before Applying Online*
This section walks you through the registration process so you will be fully equipped to use the online registration forms
All entering breweries are required to supply a TTB Basic Permit/Brewers Notice number during the brewery application period. This is to verify that your brewery is operating legally as a commercial brewery. Plan accordingly and have this information on hand prior to beginning the online application.
Part 1: Brewery Application Period: June 17 – June 26 (Closes at 5pm MST on June 26)
- Breweries interested in entering beers in the 2014 GABF competition and/or festival must complete an online application form.
- A non-refundable application fee of $160 is required at the time of application.
- The $160 application fee covers the cost of the first beer entry submitted in the competition. Only credit card payments will be accepted. Check payments are not accepted.
- Breweries interested in having a booth at the festival will “opt in” to indicate their interest during this process.
- After the brewery application deadline of June 26, an invitation will be sent to registered breweries to enter their beers for the competition.
- Be sure the address listed is your mailing address.
- List the contact who is coordinating your participation in GABF.
- If another brewing company owns more than 25% of your brewery, list that company in this section.
- Indicate if you are a current member of the Brewers Association and include BA brewery member number.
- Your member number is located on the mailing label of this guidebook.
TTB Basic Permit/Brewers Notice–NEW!
- Have your TTB Basic Permit/Brewers Notice number available when filling out the registration form. It is a required field.
- Enter the name of your brewmaster or brewery team name in the first section.
- Indicate brewery type: brewpub, packaging brewery, both or contract brewery.
- Indicate brewery production size. This is important in determining Brewery of the Year awards.
- Indicate if this is your brewery’s first time to enter GABF.
- NEW: Indicate if your brewery is interested in having a booth at the festival.
Part 2: Competition Beer Registration: July 1 – July 10
- Breweries that have applied register their beers during this two-week window.
- The number of beers a brewery may enter will be dependent upon the number of breweries entered into the competition. (For example, if 5,000 beers can be judged and 1,000 breweries apply to participate, each brewery will be eligible to enter up to five beers in the competition.)
- No brewery will be eligible to enter more than the designated number of beers in the competition.
Please note that category and subcategory numbers, descriptions and styles change every year. Review the category list carefully to identify the appropriate categories for your entries. When completing the online registration form, remember the importance of entering your beer into the appropriate category and subcategory. It is of equal importance that you enter your brewery into the correct brewery size category based on the Brewery of the Year award criteria.
GABF Pro-Am Competition Entry
- If participating in the separate GABF Pro-Am competition, enter that beer here.
NEW THIS YEAR: The GABF Pro-Am competition is limited to the first 96 entries, during the beer registration process. Once 96 entries are received, Pro-Am competition registration will close.
- Breweries must enter at least one commercial entry in the GABF competition in order to participate in the Pro-Am. Breweries may not enter only the Pro-Am competition.
- The Pro-Am is only open to BA brewery members. Please see the Pro-Am section of this site for detailed rules.
- Beers entered into the Pro-Am competition will be served at the festival in the Pro-Am booth (Can not be entered ONLY into the competition)
Festival Booth Confirmations – July 7
Based on the number of breweries that are interested in a booth at the festival, it may be necessary to assign festival booth spaces via lottery. If a lottery is required, it will be conducted by region. Breweries selected for festival booth space will be notified by July 7. Specific booth locations will be assigned at a later date.
Part 3: Festival Booth & Beer Registration: July 15 – 24
- Selected breweries are notified of festival participation status by July 7.
- No participating brewery may pour more than five beers at the festival (sponsors excepted).
- Beers entered in the competition will also be poured at the festival booth.
- Each festival booth includes four complimentary festival badges.
- Up to four additional brewery representative badges may be purchased at this time.
GABF Festival Beer Collection Point
Indicate the location where you will deliver festival beers for shipping to the festival. This drop-off location is not to be used for shipment of your competition entry bottles; send only festival cases and kegs here.
- Confirm the beers that your brewery will pour at the festival.
- The GABF beer service team will tap all festival beer sent in kegs. Indicate one of the following serving options for each beer:
- We are not a current MicroStar client. Send us MicroStar kegs, please.
- NOTE: If participating in the MicroStar keg program and kegs must ship to a different address, be sure to provide that address where indicated.
- We are a current MicroStar client. We are sending kegs out of our existing MicroStar inventory (required of current MicroStar clients).
- We are sending our own refillable stainless steel or single use plastic keg(s). Breweries sending their own kegs must arrange to have kegs picked up on Sunday, October 5 at the festival hall or Saturday night after the festival.
- We are sending bottles or cans.
- If you wish to provide your own draught equipment and tap the kegs yourself, please note this on your confirmation. If this option is selected, the GABF will only place kegs and ice at your booth. The brewery is responsible for bringing draught equipment and tapping kegs. Most breweries do not select this option.
GABF Representative Information
- Breweries with a booth at the festival will receive four brewery representative badges with their festival booth fee.
- Each participating festival brewery may request a maximum of four tickets to the GABF Brewers Gathering.
- Breweries may purchase UP TO FOUR additional badges for brewery representatives while supply lasts. There are a limited number available.
- Additional/purchased badges do not include a ticket to GABF Brewers Gathering.
*TIP! Purchase the number of brewery rep badges that you believe you will need now. These will sell out!
- Badges are for BREWERY REPRESENTATIVES working the festival booth. Brewery badges may not be purchased for guests. Proof of affiliation with your brewery is required.
Non-Exclusive License Agreement
Read the licensing agreement by clicking the link and check the box in this section indicating that you agree to the GABF’s non-exclusive license agreement.
Should your brewery win a medal, be sure to familiarize your team with the rules regarding use of the GABF trademark when promoting your win.
Eligibility Requirements For 2014 Breweries
See all eligibility requirements here
Quick Summary to Entering GABF 2014
- Read the festival information on this site or in the Brewers Guide to Entering the Great American Beer Festival (Site information is always most up to date)
- Complete the Online Registration Form. On the registration form, did you: Include payment? Read and sign license agreement? Fill out specialty information for beers entered into these categories?: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12a, 13, 14, 15a, 16a, 16b, 16c, 17, 18, 19a, 19b, 20, 21a, 21b, 22a, 22b, 23, 24a, 24b, 25, 26a, 26b, 27, 28a, 28b, 29e, 29f, 66a, 66b, 72, 73b, 74c, 74e, 75c, 78a, 78b, 78c, & Pro-Am
- NEW THIS YEAR! Confirm your entries after completing your beer registration. Once you complete your beer registration, you’ll see a confirmation page of your entries. Review all of the information carefully. This is your last chance to make changes.
- MicroStar kegs arrive (If requested) Wash these and fill them with your festival beers. Put your keg collars on the beers and label them well.
- Ship your judging entries. (NEW ADDRESS THIS YEAR) These must arrive between August 25 -29, 2014. Send to: C. R. Goodman Companies Attn: 2014 GABF 14402 East 33rd Place Aurora, CO 80011 United States
- Deliver your festival beers to your designated collection point. Festival beers must arrive to the collection point the first week of September. Actual dates will be sent at a later date. No charge invoices should be included with this shipment.
- Attend the Great American Beer Festival. Festival dates are Thursday, October 2 – Saturday, October 4.
- We are not a current MicroStar client. Send us MicroStar kegs, please.