Qualified journalists wishing to cover GABF 2017 must apply for media credentials. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis.
Please be aware of the following requirements:
- Media credentials are reserved for working members of the press only. This includes editors, reporters, bloggers, book authors, producers, camera crews and photographers.
- Credentials will not be granted to non-editorial media professionals including publishers, general managers, account representatives, sales executives, brand executives and PR/marketing representatives, as well as anyone whose primary purpose for attending GABF is, in our judgment, for reasons other than covering it as working news media.
- The application must be completed for each staffer who plans to attend from your media outlet. All media outlets are limited to four (4) credentials per news outlet, inclusive of writers, photographers and production crew.
- Applicants for media credentials may be approved for up to three (3) GABF sessions. Session requests are not guaranteed.
- Bloggers: Blogs must reflect current craft brewing/beer or food and beverage related news. New posts must be published at least weekly. Blog traffic must exceed 2,000 unique visits per month.
- Freelancers and video production companies must provide a verifiable letter of assignment from a bona fide media outlet. Production crews hired by breweries or other non-media companies to film at GABF will not be considered for media accreditation.
- In some cases, we may request additional verification about your past work or coverage plans. Those who have attended GABF under media credentials in the past may be asked to show coverage they produced as a result of press access.
- A history of being registered at previous Brewers Association events, including GABF, does not guarantee approval for media credentials.
- Applications may take up to three weeks to process. Details on purchasing tickets can be found here.
All media credentials will be provided at the discretion of the GABF media staff per the GABF Media Access & Requirements. GABF reserves the right to accept or deny credentials.
If you have any questions, please email Matt Sutton.
2017 Media Center
Credentialed media have access to a space on the lower level of the Convention Center, around the corner from Will Call. The media center offers water, coffee, Internet access to conduct business and a Brewers Association staffer on call. Equipment storage is available during the sessions, but the room will be locked each night at 10:00 pm. No overnight storage of equipment will be allowed.
|2017 Media Center Hours|
|GABF credentialed media will be allowed access to the festival hall 15 minutes before the start of each session.|
|Thursday, October 5||3:15 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Friday, October 6||3:15 pm – 10:00 pm|
|Saturday, October 7||9:45 am – 10:00 pm|
2017 Media Check-In Hours
|2017 On-site Media Check-In Hours|
|You must present identification to pick up your credentials and to enter the festival.|
|Wednesday, October 4||Noon – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 5||10:30 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday, October 6||3:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Saturday, October 7||9:30 am – 8:00 pm|