Complete 2013 brewery information coming soon!
See Dates & Deadlines for the most up-to-date information on 2013 deadlines.
2012 Details for Entering
- Eligibility & Pricing
- Entering Your Beers into the GABF Judging
- Helpful Suggestions for Completing the Entry Form
- Walk Through of the Registration Forms
Before entering, please make sure your brewery is eligible to participate by reviewing the GABF Eligibility Rules. Breweries not meeting eligibility criteria will not be allowed to participate in the GABF. If an ineligible brewery registers for the festival, they are subject to removal without any further notice or reimbursement for registration fees.
Festival Beer Pricing
A beer you send in kegs, cans, or bottles to be served at your booth for public tasting. All festival beers will be automatically judged. However, judging samples (including Pro-Am entries) must be sent separately from festival beer. We will not pull judging samples from your festival beer.
|Number of Beers||Pricing|
|1 or 2 beers on the festival floor||$315 for BA Members ($480 non-members)|
|Up to 5 beers on the festival floor||$675 for BA Members ($890 non-members)|
Judge Only Beer Pricing
A beer you enter into the judged competition that will not be served at your booth for public tasting at the festival.
|Number of Beers||Pricing|
|Price per beer||$175 for BA Members ($390 non-members)|
Please note that the pricing reflects on-line registration prices. Using the paper forms adds $20 to the festival beers pricing format, but not judge-only entries.
- There is no posted registration deadline for 2012. Registration will close once capacity for the festival and competition have been reached, so register early.
- Please note that category numbers, descriptions and styles have changed from last year. Be sure to review the category list carefully to identify the appropriate categories for your beer brands.
- When completing the online Festival Registration Form, remember the importance of entering your beer into the appropriate category and subcategory and be sure to indicate the appropriate category number and subcategory letter. It is of equal importance that you enter your brewery into the correct SIZE category based on the Brewery of the Year criteria.
- Be sure to indicate pouring instructions for each entry. Your choices are “normal pouring”, “do not rouse”, “quiet pouring”, and “rouse”. If you do not specify pouring instructions, the default value of “normal pouring” will be used for your entry. Pouring instructions entered during registration will be used exclusive to any markings on entry containers.
- Be sure to electronically agree to the License Agreement form on the online form while registering (this is required for participation in GABF).
- Check payments for online registration must be postmarked by July 14, to ensure your place in the festival.
- Supplemental information is required for judging when entering beers in certain categories (and subcategories. Failure to provide this information will place your entry at a significant disadvantage to other entries.
- The first 5 beers entered must be registered to appear in the Festival tasting. The first eight beers listed on your entry form will be counted toward Brewery of the Year awards; if you plan to enter more than eight beers in the GABF, please be sure to prioritize them appropriately.
- ALL entries to be judged must be shipped separately from your Festival beer.
- A minimum of 6 (six) entries is required in a category for that category to be judged. Categories with fewer than 6 (six) entries as of the competition registration deadline will be recombined at the discretion of the competition manager as a subcategory of another appropriate category in order for those entries to be judged. Breweries with entries in these categories will be notified, and given the option of accepting this recombination, or withdrawing those entries, at their discretion.
- Entries submitted for judging must be bottled or canned. If your product is only available in draft form at retail, you must bottle your entries for the purpose of entering the GABF judging. Entries will not be judged from your kegs sent for the public festival. Growlers are not recommended!
- If registering online, have your registration forms filled out and ready to go before entering.
- Specify the requested information in the block on the registration form titled “Specify Ingredients and/or Classic Style.”
- When entering beers with ingredients like fruit, vegetables, spices or chocolate (or others), avoid words like extract, puree, fresh, all natural, artificial, concentrate, frozen or canned—just indicate which ingredient is used. For example, both “Fresh Raspberries” and “Raspberry Extract” would be indicated simply as “Raspberry”. These words will be removed from your description, and will not be provided to the judge panel.
- Do not specify any regional information that could compromise the anonymity of your entry. For example, “Arizona Wildflower Honey” should be listed as “Wildflower Honey.”
- Please limit the specialty information you submit to 30 character spaces. The information you provide will be reviewed by the competition manager and abstracted down to the essential information needed by the judges to evaluate the beer during judging according to competition guidelines.
The hardcopy and online versions of the GABF registration form are almost identical and contain the same section numbers. This section will walk you through the registration process:
1. Contact Information
- Fill in the BREWERY information here and list the contact who will deal with your participation in the GABF. Be sure the address listed is your MAILING address.
- If another brewery owns more than 25% of your brewery, list that company in this section as well.
- NOTE: Be sure to also put the physical address of your brewery for shipping Microstar kegs at the bottom of the section if you have listed a PO Box address above.
2. Membership Information
Please indicate if you are a current member of the Brewers Association and include member number. Your member number is located on the mailing label of this guidebook.
3. Brewery Information
- Put in your brewmaster or brewery team name in the first section.
- Indicate if you are a brewpub, packaging brewery, both or if you are contract brewed. If you are contract brewed, list the company that brews your brands.
- Indicate your production size. This is important in determining brewery of the year awards.
- Indicate if this is your first GABF.
4. GABF Festival Beer Drop Off Point
Indicate the location at which you will be dropping off your FESTIVAL floor beer. This is not your judging beer!
5. Festival Beers
- Entering 1 or 2 beers on the festival floor is $315 for BA members ($480 for non-members). Entering up to 5 beers (the maximum) is $675 for BA members ($890 for non-members). You do not add up the 2 amounts if entering 5 beers. It’s just $675. (Pricing reflects online registration fees.)
- Enter up to 5 beers you will be serving on the GABF festival floor. These will be judged & on the festival floor. Include the beer name, category name and number and any subcategory names and numbers (if applicable).
- If your beers are in one the of the category numbers requiring additional information, enter the specialty information for this beer. Specialty information includes classic style of the beer and any unique ingredients.
- For your festival beers, indicate for each beer one of
- You need Microstar kegs sent to you. (most common)
- You are sending your own keg(s) (breweries must arrange to have these picked up on Sunday. GABF will not ship back kegs)