For currently registered breweries only.
All regulatory and financial burdens associated with submitting and sending samples to the Great American Beer Festival are the sole responsibility of the entering brewery. In the event the competition is canceled the Brewers Association will only refund breweries their competition entry fees. The Brewers Association is unable to reimburse or pay for competition entry shipping fees. Any shipments sent as “C.O.D” will be refused upon arrival.
Competition Shipping Address
GABF – BA
587 S. Taylor Ave.
Louisville, CO 80027
Deliveries allowed Mon-Fri | 8:00am – 4:00pm
*PLEASE USE OFFICIAL BARCODE SHIPPING LABELS (available in your competition portal)
Competition entries must be received between Monday, August 26 – Friday, August 30, 2024.
*Festival beers cannot be accepted at the same time as your competition entries. Our cold storage space cannot accommodate receiving of both at the same time.
- It is your brewery’s responsibility to make sure your entries arrive on time. Entries received at GABF warehouse after August 30 will not be sorted or judged for competition. Neither refunds nor credits will be issued for missed deadlines or beers not sent.
- Track your package(s) and save all documentation pertaining to your shipment in case there are any issues during transit.
- Bottles/Cans Only – The GABF requires bottled or canned beer samples for judging and will not judge from kegs being sent to the festival. A note on crowlers: in our experience, beer brands entered in crowlers do not fare well during competition judging due to storage well beyond the intended life span of that package format, oxidation, etc. While crowlers are a completely acceptable format in which to send entries, consider submitting your entries in a package format designed to store beer for many weeks.
- Competition Safety – entries which bulge or fail during shipping, sorting or judging will be disqualified due to safety concerns for all competition staff and judges. Please send only stable, finished beer for judging.
- Pack it well (make it unbreakable): No matter how well you think you have packed your bottles for shipment, pack them even better to prevent breakage during shipping! If bottles do break, any replacements must meet the same deadline listed above. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Label your beers and shipping boxes with the official barcode labels: see information below for details
- Send the appropriate (required) amount: See information at top right for amounts. Breweries sending less than the required amount for judging will not have these entries judged, nor will you be issued a credit/refund for your competition entries.