Sponsored by Briess Malt & Ingredients Co., The Country Malt Group, Yakima Chief-Hopunion and White Labs
GABF Pro-Am entries are brewed by professional craft brewers based on award-winning homebrew recipes from American Homebrewers Association (AHA) members. Homebrew recipes are scaled up and brewed at a craft brewery for submission into the competition.
The Pro-Am booth is located in the Backyard (near Meet the Brewer).
2016 Pro-Am Compeititon Winners
Gold: Just Rye’te
- Style: American Pale Ale with Rye Malt
- Brewing Company: Panther Island Brewing Co., Fort Worth, Texas
- Brewmaster: Panther Island Brewing Team
- AHA Member: Clifton Ellis
Silver: Vernal Equinox
- Style: English IPA
- Brewing Company: Starr Hill Brewery, Crozet, Va.
- Brewmaster: Starr Hill Brewing Team
- AHA Member: Gary Layton
Bronze: The Kolsch Experiment
- Style: German Kolsch
- Brewing Company: Altitude Chophouse and Brewery, Laramie, Wyo.
- Brewmaster: Jesse Brown
- AHA Member: Shawn Miller
View the complete 2016 Great American Beer Festival winners list.