Everyone (EVERYONE) needs to complete an application, regardless of if you only want to do the competition or the festival.
Read Eligibility Requirements for breweries before registering.
The registration period may close earlier than June 22 if we reach capacity for the number of entries we are able to judge.
1: Register your Brewery & Beers (June 14 – June 22)
Here’s the info you’ll need to register:
- Company BA Member Number: Locate this within your Brewers Association company Admin Portal. Instructions here. Email questions here.
- Valid BA Roster Email Address: Whoever is handling all GABF registration will need to be associated with your BA Company roster. Pick the person who is the most on top of it (a.k.a. your brewery ninja). Use the BA Company Admin Portal to verify if this person is actually on your roster (If they’re not officially on your company roster, the system won’t recognize them).
- TTB Basic Permit/Brewer’s Notice Number
- Brewery of the Year Category: Based on 2021 barrelage – breweries will be asked to verify their 2021 production information during registration.
- Multiple locations? See this Brewery of the Year Info on why you should consider the new Brewery Group of the Year category!
- Brewmaster/Brewery Team name: Up to two (2) individual(s) or a team name you’d like to recognize if you win Brewery of the Year.
- Number of Competition Entries: Number of beers you hope to enter in GABF competition (for planning purposes only, number requested is not guaranteed).
- Non-Exclusive License Agreement: Read and understand the GABF Non-Exclusive License Agreement fully. This outlines how your brewery may use the GABF trademarked logo and name in the event of a medal win. (More details on the Promote Your Win page.)
- Registration payment: $160 per beer entry for BA Members / $385 per beer entry for non-members is due with application, and covers the cost of the first competition beer entry. Credit card only, no checks.
- 2022 GABF Brewery ID: After you complete your application, you’ll be assigned a numeric GABF Brewery ID number. Keep track of this number, as you’ll need it for all things GABF.
All registered GABF Beer Brand Names must comply with the BA Advertising and Marketing Code.
Registration check list
- Did you double check your brewery info?
- Did you carefully read and sign the license agreement (by checking the “I Agree” box)?
- Keep a record of your newly assigned 2022 GABF Brewery ID? (You’ll need this for everything – commit this to memory).
- Double check the Brewery of the Year category information? If you disagree with the Brewery of the Year category shown, please notify Joe Damgaard.
- Once you complete your beer registration, you’ll see a confirmation of your entries. Review all of the information carefully. Should you need to change anything, simply log back in with your GABF brewery ID (found on your confirmation page).
- Ship competition entries. These must arrive between Monday, August 22 and Friday, August 26, 2022. Please follow all instructions here.
GABF brewery registration (competition ) is open from June 14 to 22, 2022. Breweries will also indicate their interest in a festival booth during this process.
Official registration for a festival booth is open from July 6 to July 21, 2022.
- Priority is given to Brewers Association member breweries.
- To guarantee a spot in the festival, become a Featured Brewery Sponsor. Email us for more information.
Please go to the Register Brewery and Beers tab to register.