Find the most up-to-date info on participating in the competition right here on this site.
2: Read this entire page before applying online.
3: Register your brewery for the competition!
Please note: registration for the competition has closed and we have reached capacity. We cannot accept any new entries into the GABF for this year, but we hope to have you compete in 2021!
How to register for GABF
June 9 – June 23 (closes @ 7pm MST)
Here’s the info you’ll need to register your brewery & beers
- Company BA Member Number: locate this within your Brewers Association company Admin Portal (Instructions here. Questions?
- Valid BA Roster Email Address: whoever is handling all GABF registration will need to be associated with your BA Company roster. Pick the person who is the most on top of it (a.k.a. your brewery ninja). Use the BA Company Admin Portal to verify if this person is actually on your roster (If they’re not officially on your company roster, the system won’t recognize them).
- TTB Basic Permit/Brewer’s Notice Number
- Brewery of the Year category: based on 2019 barrelage.
- Multiple locations? see this Brewery of the Year info on why you should consider the new Brewery Group of the Year category!
- Brewmaster/Brewery Team name: individual(s) (up to 2) or a team name you’d like to recognize if you win Brewery of the Year.
- Number of Competition Entries: How many beers you hope to enter in GABF competition (for planning purposes only, number requested is not guaranteed).
- Non-exclusive License Agreement: Read and understand the GABF Non-exclusive License Agreement fully. This outlines how your brewery may use the GABF trademarked logo and name in the event of a medal win (on the Promote Your Win page).
- Application fee (non-refundable): $160 for BA Members / $385 for non-members is due with application, and covers the cost of the first competition beer entry. Credit card only, no checks.
- 2020 GABF Brewery ID: After you complete your application, you’ll be assigned a numeric GABF Brewery ID number. Keep track of this number, as you’ll need it for all things GABF
If you miss this deadline, you may lose your spot in the competition or the option to enter certain beer style categories, and your application fee will not be refunded.
- All registered GABF Beer Brand Names must comply with the BA Advertising and Marketing Code.
*The application period may close earlier than June 23/transition to a waitlist if we exceed demand for competition entries. back to top
After registering, do this stuff…
- Double check your brewery info?
- Carefully read and sign license agreement (by checking the “I Agree” box)?
- Keep a record of your newly assigned 2020 GABF Brewery ID? (You’ll need this for everything – commit this to memory).
- Double check the Brewery of the Year category information? If you disagree with the Brewery of the Year category shown, please notify Chris Williams.
- Fill out specialty information for beers entered into these categories:
- Once you complete your beer registration, you’ll see a confirmation of your entries. Review all of the information carefully. Should you need to change anything, simply log back in with your GABF brewery ID (found on your confirmation page).
- Ship competition entries. These must arrive at the following address between Monday, Aug. 24 and Friday, Aug. 28. – Please follow all instructions here.